Practice Test 6 - Target TOEIC
1. Audio Practice Test 6 - Target TOEIC
2. Transcripts Practice Test 6 - Target TOEIC
Part 1 Picture Description
1. (A) There has been a serious accident.
(B) The road is being repaired.
(C) The road has been repaired.
(D) The car has been crushed.
2. (A) The aircraft aisle is clear.
(B) A man is blocking the aisle.
(C) A flight attendant is walking in the aisle.
(C) The bag has fallen into the aisle.
3. (A) The women are looking at a TV
(B) The women are looking at a book.
(C) The women are looking at a computer screen.
(D) The women are looking at each other.
4. (A) The wall is being painted.
(B) The wall is being opened.
(C) The men have finished painting the wall.
(D) The wall is broken.
5. (A) There's heavy traffic on the street.
(B) There's heavy equipment in the parking lot.
(C) The truck is driving down the street.
(D) There's heavy snow on the ground.
6. (A) The men are resting in a park.
(B) The rest of the men are in the park.
(C) The man has parked his car.
(D) The park is full of men.
7. (A) The office workers are on their lunch break.
(B) A contract is being signed by the office workers.
(C) The office staff are breaking a contract.
(D) The papers are not being signed.
8. (A) The man is working in his hotel room.
(B) There is an empty glass next to the phone.
(C) There is a coin phone on the desk.
(D) There are a few coins in front of the phone.
9. (A) The photocopier is in the middle of the office.
(B) A woman is making coffee.
(C) A woman is making some photocopies.
(D) The woman is fixing the copy machine.
10. (A) The man is writing a newspaper.
(B) It is pouring with rain.
(C) The man is holding an umbrella.
(D) There is an umbrella beside the man.
Part 2 Questions and Responses
11. Is it possible to finish this by noon?
(A) We can begin at 9 a.ma
(B) No, we aren't.
(C) We might be able to.
12. How long have you been waiting?
(A) Until tomorrow
(B) For half an hour.
(C) Next week.
13. Where did she go after leaving the meeting?
(A) She went home
(B) She didn't go there
(C) She left the office at 6 p.m
14. When did she read the minutes?
(A) This morning.
(B) When she can.
(C) She can't read it right now.
15. Is your schedule the same as last month's?
(A) No. I start at 8 p.m instead of 9 p.m.
(B) Everything is on schedule.
(C) No, I'm late.
16. How do you plan to deliver the manuscipt on time?
(A) When it gets there.
(B) By air courier.
(C) Right now.
17. Have we been here before?
(A) No, we can't.
(B) Yes, twice already.
(C) Yes,after 2 p.m.
18. When is flight 1126 scheduled to arrive?
(A) I'm not sure. Let me check.
(B) At gate 12.
(C) It's a seven hour flight.
19. How much is it?
(A) Twelve Ounces.
(B) One dozen.
(C) Eight dollars.
20. Were the pictures deliver yesterday?
(A) Yes, they need to be mailed.
(B) Yes, they came yesterday afternoon
(C) Yes, they'll be delivered.
21. When are we going to start subscribing to the magazine?
(A) Yes, I'm going to start receiving it next month.
(B) We'll get our first issue next month.
(C) Yes, I have already written the article.
22. Have you gone over the report yet?
(A) Yes, my boss will give it to me tomorrow.
(B) Yes, I wrote it yesterday.
(C) Yes, I've read it.
23. What is causing the delay?
(A) By at least three hours.
(B) Eight o'clock this morning.
(C) I think he's having car trouble.
24. Would you like this sent by express or regular mail?
(A) Express, please. It has to arrive as quickly as possible.
(B) Yes, I'm in a hurry.
(C) No, thanks. I have one.
25. Do you want me to help you with those packages?
(A) No, the large ones are mine.
(B) No, I can handle them myself
(C) No, I bought them.
26. What do you think about his offer?
(A) Yes, I did.
(B) I'm for it.
(C) I'd love to make an offer.
27. Where has Edison been moved to?
(A) It won't move.
(B) He's based in the Hong Kong office now.
(C) The removal truck is outside.
28. Would you like a tour of the area?
(A) The tour will cost five dollars.
(B) The area is beautiful
(C) That sounds interesting.
29. What is Andy's extension number?
(A) I think it's number four.
(B) I can't. I'm busy right now.
(C) Sorry, I'm going downstairs anyway.
30. Information Services. Operator speaking. How may I help you?
(A) I'd like a phone number, please.
(B) why did you call?
(C) Someone is on the line.
31. I've been on hold for nearly ten minutes
(A) Hold on
(B) I'd call back later if I were you.
(C) I'll hold it if you like.
32. What's the quickest way to City Hall?
(A) It only takes five minutes by taxi.
(B) It took over seven years to complete City Hall.
(C) I went there an hour ago.
33. When is the deadline for applications?
(A) It's almost time.
(B) I hate waiting in line.
(C) I think it's the 10th.
34. I don't know whether I should call or just send an email.
(A) I'd send an email. It's a lot quicker
(B) I don't get much email.
(C) I don't think that's the right decision.
35. The printer is out of ink.
(A) Don't be in such a hurry all the time.
(B) Try shaking the cartridge. There might be a little left.
(C) That'll be a difficult stain to remove.
36. Who authorized this order?
(A) I did. Is there a problem?
(B) I'll call the authorities.
(C) They'll deliver in a week.
37. Why are there so many people in the lobby?
(A) They are here for a seminar at three o'clock.
(B) The lobby is far too small.
(C) It's good to see so many people.
38. What's the name of that discount bookstore?
(A) I'm not sure which store you mean.
(B) They are giving a 20% discount.
(C) It's on the corner of 71st Street and 9th Avenue.
39. Where did they hold the conference last year?
(A) They hold a conference very year.
(B) At the State Convention Center.
(C) Yes, I know they did.
40. When is Antonia leaving?
(A) It's four o'clock.
(B) She's still in her office.
(C) She'll be here until the 23nd.
Part 3 Short Conversations
Questions 41 through 43 refer to the following conversation.
(M) Excuse me. I bought this shirt yesterday, but I need to exchange it for a different size. It's a little small. Do you have
(W) Let's see. No, I'm sorry. We only have mediums and smalls. I can give you a refund if you'd like.
(M) Then I guess I'll have to take a refund.
Questions 44 through 46 refer to the following conversation.
(W) Good evening, sir. I see you have four bags. Which would you like to take as carry on?
(M) I'd like to check these two suitcases and carry on the two smaller bags.
(W) I'm afraid that due to safety regulations, we can only allow passengers one piece of carry on baggage.
(M) Oh, even small bags like these? Then I guess I'd better move all my valuables into just one bag.
Questions 47 through 49 refer to the following conversation.
(M) Have you finished writing the proposal yet? Mr.Williams needs it Friday morning, and I told him you'd have it done.
(W) No, I'm still working on it. I thought he didn't need it until Monday.
(M) I thought you knew he wanted it Friday. Well, you'd better hurry if you want to have it done in time.
(W) I guess I won't be getting much sleep tonight or tomorrow if I'm going to get it to him.
Questions 50 through 52 refer to the following conversation.
(W) Will you need a car once you arrive? We have a special rate at the moment. If you book a car for two days, you can get a
third day half price. If you book a car for five days, the sixth day is free.
(M) Yeah, a car would be convenient. But I'll only need it for three days. And I'll need full coverage.
(W) Certainly. What type of car would you like?
Questions 53 through 55 refer to the following conversation.
(W) What are you writing? You've been at it for hours.
(M) I have to arrange my appointments for the week, or I won't be able to fit everyone in. I took a few days off last week
and now I have so many people to see.
(W) Well, I don't means to make your life more complicated but I was hoping we could sit down this week and talk about the Kingford
(M) Couldn't it wait until next week?
Questions 56 through 58 refer to the following conversation.
(M) Hi. Could you tell me when the next train to Washington leaves? I can't see it on any of the signboards.
(W) Sorry, sir. You just missed the last train to Washington this evening.
(M) Oh,no. What time does the first train to Washington leave tomorrow?
(W) It leaves at 5:35 am,sir.
Questions 59 through 61 refer to the following conversation
(M) Excuse me. Do you have change for a dollar? I need to make a call, and all I have are dollar bills.
(W) Sorry, I don't have any change. I just used my last coins to buy a newspaper.
(M) Do you know where I can get some change around here?
(W) To be honest, I usually just buy some gum to break a bill but I guess you could try asking at the newspaper kiosk.
Questions 62 through 64 refer to the following conversation.
(M) Yes, Ma'am May I help you?
(W) Yes, I'd like an iced coffee and a honey-dipped donut, please.
(M) Can I interest you in our morning special? With the purchase of two donuts you can get a coffee for half price. How does
(W) It's tempting but I'll just stick to the one donut, thanks.
Questions 65 through 67 refer to the following conversation.
(M) Was there anything in the report concerning my proposal? I've been dying to find out what they thought.
(W) Well, I just finished reading it and no, they only mentioned John's proposal. I didn't see anything about your proposal.
(M) That's not fair I worked long and hard on that proposal.
(W) Well, why don't you talk to the director and tell him how you feel?
Questions 68 through 70 refer to the following conversation.
(M) Excuse me. Can I a cash a traveler's check here?
(M) Yes, but I'll need to see some identification first. May I see your passport, please?
(M) I'm afraid I don't have it on me right now. Will you accept my driver's license?
(W) Yes, that'll do just fine. I'll just need to make a copy of it.
Short 4 Short Talks.
Questions 71 through 73 refer to the following report.
(M) And now on to the Austin business report. There was more good news today for the local economy. The president of Exeter
Electronics, Michael Rennie, and the mayor of Austin, Jeffrey Jones,announced today that Exeter Electronics will open its largest
factory outside of the Silicon Valley right here in Austin. The new factory is expected to provide 1200jobs for local residents and
pump several million dollars a year into local econmy. Contruction is expected to begin by the end of April, with the factory projected
top open in August 2007.
Questions 74 through 76 refer to the following announcement.
(W) Attention, please. The management would like to notify you that all Lucky Diamond employees are required to attend a brief meeting
this Thursday morning at a quarter past 9:00 in the Central Administration building, room 3C. The meeting is expected to last around half
an hour. New regulations about parking, working hours, overtime rates and vacation will be discussed. We apologize for giving you so
little advance notice; however; attendance is required of all employees. Please be there on time. I repeat, there will be a meeting for
all employees at a quarter past nine this Thursday, February 28th.Those employees unable to attend must inform their section
chief before Wednesday. Thank you for your attention.
Questions 77 through 79 refer to the following report.
(M) Before we listen to our next song, let's get up to date with the latest weather. Looking at our weather forecast, we can expect a
cold front to move in from the north this afternoon, bringing light rains throughout the region and a chance for snow flurries in
the hills. Currently, conditions at the airport are partly cloudy, with a 5 to 10 mile and hour breeze coming in from the west. The
temperature now is 42 degrees with an expected morning low in the mid or low 30s. The rains should clear by morning, and it's looking.
like tomorrow might shape up to be a pleasant, if cool day. Join us at 10 tonight for an update.
Questions 80 through 82 refer to the following message.
(W) Thank you fr calling Job Power Employment office. We currently have employment opportunities in the following job categories:
CAD-CAM Design Engineering, Factory Assembly Supervision, Quality Control and Clerical. If you have experience in any of these fields
and would like to apply for a position with our company, please send your resume to Job Power Employment office attention: John Lee.
Please include your phone number. Please do not call our office to inquire about interviews. You will be contacted if you meet our
requirements. If you would like more information about other jobs available, please drop by the office between the hours of 10 and 5.
Thank you for calling Job Power.
Questions 83 through 85 refer to the following report.
(M) This is Hap Arnold in the SBC Traffic Helicopter. It's now a quarter to five. Traffic is moving smoothly on most streets into and
out of the city. However, Route 4's northbound lane is blocked by a major accident. Cars are backed up for more than three kilometers.
It will take a few hours up for more than three kilometers. It will take a few hours to clear the road, so drivers are advised to take
the South Central by pass into the city. Other than that, there are no major incidents to report and it looks like most of you will
have a smooth commute home. I'll be back in 30 minutes with another report. This is Hap Arnold in the SBC Traffic Helicopter wishing
you safe travel.
Questions 86 through 88 refer to the following advertisement.
(W) Been thinking it's about time you got a new car? Not sure that you can really afford one? Well, Cecil Evans Motors has the car
for you, at a price that will fall well within your budget. We have the biggest selection of new and used cars in the Central Walley
area. $100 down will get you a brand new car. We have everything from compact care to wans. Choose from domestic and imported vehicles.
Can't see what you're looking for? We can even get the car you want to order. We're open from nine to nine, seven days a week. Call Cecil
for a deal. 44-4619 or check out our showroom at 234 Linard Street.
Questions 89 through 91 refer to the following speech.
(M) It is my great pleasure to introduce this afternoon's speaker, Sir Henry Adams.Sir Henry is of course known to you all as the inventor
of the bag less vacuum cleaner, among other things. When he and his partner first marketed it, he was mocked by other vacuum cleaner
manufacturers. They all said it wouldn't be able to hold dirt. But when his device became a big hit with consumers, who were glad to be free
of the inconvenience of emptying a bag full of dust, other manufacturers were quick to follow suit with their own versions. Sir Henry will
talk to us today about overcoming the challenges of being a pioneer in his field, and how he and his partner funded their research.
Questions 92 through 94 refer to the following announcement.
(M) Attention, shoppers. Attention, please! We would like to announce our one-day only special offer. Today, all day, we will be choosing
certain items which will be sold at a 50% discount. Every hour, at a quarter past the hour, a yellow light will start flashing, and we will
announce the discounted item of the hour. The discount will run for as long as the light continues to flash. It is now 9:15 and our first
discount of the day is frozen pizzas. As long as the light flashes, all frozen pizzas are 50% off. Get along to aisle 2 now and our staff
will attach the special discount sticker. Happy shopping!
Questions 95 through 97 refer to the following message.
(W) This is a message for Darius Chang. This is Olivia Dales of Sunland Travel, calling regarding your reservation. I am able to confirm
your seat to Singapore on flight SA887, leaving from San Francisco on March 18th at 18:50 arriving in Singapore at 04:30
local time. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to confirm your return flight on the 25th, but I am working on that
and hope to let you know sometime later today or early tomorrow. When you get this message, could you give me a call to let me
know if you have any special needs regarding the on flight catering. I think I remember you mentioning something about a wheat
allergy. Thank you.
Questions 98 through 100 refer to the following advertisement.
(W) Do you find you get tired more easily than you used to? Don't have the energy you need to keep up with the grandkids when they
come to visit? Exhausted at the thought of walking to the store? Don't just put it down to old age. You can stay fir and active well
into your 90s. Plenty of senior citizens do. With regular exercise and the right supplements you can enjoy those precious
times with your family.GoldPlus multi-vitamins are specially engineered to provide the daily vitamin and mineral requirements
of the over 60s. They help you find that extra bit of energy to see you through the day. But don't just take our word for it.
Try GoldPlus one month's supply of 30 pills is only $9.99
3. Answer key Practice Test 6 - Target TOEIC
1. (B) The road is being repaired.
2. (A) The aircraft aisle is clear.
3. (C) The women are looking at a computer screen.
4. (A) The wall is being painted.
5. (B) There's heavy equipment in the parking.
6. (A) The men are resting in a park.
7. (B) A contract is being signed by the office workers.
8. (D) There are a few coins in front of the phone.
9. (C) A woman is making some photocopies.
10. (D) There is an umbrella beside the man.
11. (C) We might be able to.
12. (B) For half an hour.
13. (A) She went home.
14. (A) This morning
15. (A) No, I start at 8 p.m instead of 9 a.m.
16. (B) By air courier.
17. (B) Yes, twice already
18. (A) I'm not sure. Let me check.
19. (C) Eight dollars
20. (B) Yes, they came yesterday afternoon.
21. (B) We'll get our first issue next month.
22. (C) Yes, I've read it.
23. (C) I think he's having car trouble
24. (A) Express, please. It has to arrive as quickly as possible.
25. (B) No, I can handle them myself
26. (B) I'm for it.
27. (B) He's based in the Hong Kong office now
28. (C) That sounds interesting.
29. (A) I think it's number four.
30. (A) I'd like a phone number, please.
31. (B) I'd call back later if I were you.
32. (A) It only takes five minutes by taxi
33. (C) I think it's the 10th
34. (A) I'd send an email. It's a lot quicker.
35. (B) Try shaking the cartridge. There might be a little left.
36. (A) I did. Is there a problem?
37. (A) They are here for a seminar at three o'clock
38. (A) I'm not sure which store you mean.
39. (B) At the State Convention Center
40. (C) She'll be here until the 23rd
41. (A) A department store.
42. (A) He bought the wrong size.
43. (C) A refund
44. (C) Airport check-in desk clerk.
45. (D) Half of them.
46. (D) Put all his important items together
47. (B) A proposal.
48. (C) Friday
49. (A) Wednesday.
50. (A) Rent a car.
51. (C) Three
52. (B) Full insurance
53. (A) To be able to see everyone.
54. (A) He was out of the office last week.
55. (D) Next week.
56. (C) At a railway station.
57. (D) Tomorrow morning
58. (C) He missed the last train
59. (B) Make a phone call.
60. (A) Coins in exchange for a dollar bill.
61. (A) Asking at the newspaper stand.
62. (B) A cold drink and a donut.
63. (C) Get a discounted drink with every two donuts
64. (B) It sounds good, but she's not interested.
65. (C) A company report
66. (A) Because only John's proposal was mentioned.
67. (D) Taking to the director about his concerns.
68. (A) Cash a traveler's check.
69. (D) Some form of identification.
70. (B) His driver's license.
71. (B) President of a company
72. (A) Open a factory
73. (D) It will pump a lot of money into the local economy.
74. (C) A meeting.
75. (A) In the Central Administration building
76. (D) At 9:45
77. (B) 32
78. (A) Partly cloudy
79. (D) At 10 p.m
80. (A) On the telephone
81. (C) Bank Management
82. (B) Send their resume
83. (A) Drivers
84. (C) There was an accident.
85. (D) In a helicopter.
86. (C) New and used cars.
87. (A) Free repairs
88. (D) Every day
89. (B) To introduce a guest speaker.
90. (A) His inventions
91. (C) It had no dust bag inside
92. (A) Hourly discounts on certain items
93. (B) A yellow light will flash.
94. (D) Items will be marked with a sticker
95. (C) To let him know the status of his reservation
96. (A) One week
97. (B) His credit card number and dietary requirements.
98. (B) People aged over 60
99. (C) A vitamin supplement
100. (D) One pill