Listening Unit 12 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
1. Audio Unit 12 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
2. Transcripts Unit 12 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
Part 1. Picture Description
1. (A) They are cooking food on a grill.
(B) They are preparing for rain.
(C) They are sharing a sandwich.
(D) They are sitting at a picnic table.
2. (A) The break room is full of people.
(B) The people are playing cards.
(C) The woman is mixing up the cards.
(D) There is a lot of money on the table.
3. (A) A bug is on the plant's leaf.
(B) One of the plants is dead.
(C) She is giving water to the plants.
(D) The plants are in a garden
4. (A) The office is riding a horse.
(B) The office is sitting on his bike.
(C) The office is standing in the street.
(D) The office is walking up the stairs.
5. (A) Cars may not drive on this street.
(B) The people are crossing the street.
(C) The store is open.
(D) The street light has fallen down.
Part 2 Questions and Responses
1. Where is the sample contract?
(A) By this evening.
(B) The secretary typed it.
(C) In your mailbox.
2. They have the item in stock, don't they?
(A) They should. I saw some yesterday.
(B) I don't think they buy stocks.
(C) Which section did you look in?
3. Are birth certificates issued at the hospital?
(A) Normally you have to request them by mail.
(B) The hospital has many forms.
(C) You need to choose a doctor first.
4. May I take my break now?
(A) Fifteen minutes is enough time.
(B) Sure. Go ahead
(C) Call me back in ten minutes.
5. Have you sent the proposal in?
(A) Yes, that is my proposal.
(B) I sent it last week.
(C) He has proposed to me twice.
Part 3 Short Conversations
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following conversation
W: I need to buy a new cell phone. Mine's broken, but I don't have much money for a replacement.
M: I recommend CellMart. They have a great selection, and their prices are pretty low.
W: Good idea. Do you know where the nearest branch is located?
M: There's a branch in Green Lane. You pass it on your way to work every day.
Questions 1 through 6 refer to the following conversation
M: Have you seen the manager lately?
W: No, she's been in a meeting all day. They are working on some big project for the head office.
M: I see. Can I leave a message for her?
W: Sure. Why don't you write it down on this notepad? I'll pass it on for you.
Part 4 Short Talks.
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following information
M: Tonight, Montgomery Country is happy to invite all residents to its annual car show on Central Avenue. The show is
organized by Montgomery Motors, one of our oldest local businesses and Allmart Super Store. More than 1.500 cars will be
featured from all over the state of Alabama. The show will run from 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m and again tomorrow from 9:00 a.m
to 3:00 p.m. Admission is $5 for adults and children may enter free of charge. Don't miss the exciting event!
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following announcement
W: Our flight today from Albuquerque to Las Vegas is non-stop and will take approximately one hour and thirty minutes.
Soon you will be able to see the Grand Canyon from the left side of the plane. One the right you will see many small
farming communities. We have a report of good weather conditions and clear skies, so please sit back and enjoy today's
flight. Please remain seated until the seat belt sign is switched of. Thank you.
3. Answer key Unit 12 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
1. (D) They are sitting at a picnic table.
2. (B) The people are playing cards.
3. (B) One of the plants is dead.
4. (A) The officer is riding a horse
5. (B) The people are crossing the street.
1. (C) In your mailbox
2. (A) The should. I saw some yesterday
3. (A) Normally you have to request them by mail
4. (B) Sure. Go ahead.
5. (B) I sent it last week.
1. (A) Her phone does not work
2. (B) They have a good variety of cheap phones.
3. (A) The woman passes by it often
4. (B) Leave a message
5. (D) In a meeting
6. (B) Write a note.
1. (B) Yearly
2. (A) Nothing
3. (C) Tomorrow
4. (A) On a plane.
5. (D) Las Vegas.
6. (A) There will be a lot of turbulence.
Listening Unit 13 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
Book Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test