Listening Unit 9 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
1. Audio Unit 9 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
2. Transcripts Unit 9 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
Part 1 Picture Description
1. (A) He's selling newspapers.
(B) He's wearing a short-sleeved shirt.
(C) They're taking money from the stand.
(D) They're putting together the newspaper.
2. (A) The woman is cleaning.
(B) The woman is fixing the vacuum.
(C) The woman is opening the bag.
(D) The woman is sitting on the carpet.
3. (A) He is putting out the fire.
(B) Meat is being cooked on the grill
(C) The fire is burning well.
(D) Wood is stacked in the fireplace.
4. (A) The baby is crawling on the floor.
(B) The mother is feeding her baby.
(C) She's feeling the baby's head.
(D) They're watching the baby cry.
5. (A) The tables are all occupied
(B) There are chairs on each table.
(C) There are umbrellas over the tables.
Part 2 Questions and Responses
1. Does the hotel have a copy of the newspaper?
(A) It's in the lobby.
(B) The copier is downstairs
(C) At 6 a.m.
2. When do you leave for the States?
(B) Next week.
(C) I hope I can go.
3. Do they have a toll free phone number?
(A) Yes, it's posted in the office.
(B) The phone is free.
(C) I need the number.
4. Could you speak more quietly?
(A) I can only speak English.
(B) Of course. Excuse me.
(C) It is quiet here.
5. Which countries will the president visit?
(A) Only Oklahoma City.
(B) He will visit our office.
(C) Canada and Russia
Part 3 Short Conversations
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following conversation
W: Welcome to Vancouver. May I see your passport please?
M: Yes, here it is.
W: Are you visiting our country on business or for pleasure?
M: I'll be doing business for three days, then I'll be sightseeing for another three.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following conversation
M: Have you seen my stapler?
W: I think it is on Natalya's desk.
M: You're right. She didn't give it back to me after borrowing it.
W: I'm sure it was just a mistake. She usually returns things right away.
Part 4 Short Talks
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following introduction
M: It is a pleasure to introduce to you Paula Adams. Ms.Adams is from England but has been working in Cuba for the past
fix months as a reporter for The Daily Star, the island's only English language newspaper. Several of her articles have
been recommended for awards due to her clear writing style. Tonight, Ms Adams will talk about her most recent article
about her most recent article about the workers in the tourism industry on this island.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following information
W: Tonight's feature film will begin in just fifteen minutes. There will be a second showing at 11:00 p.m.
Please buy your tickets at the ticket counter at least five minutes before the show starts. The show will last for two
hours and forty five minutes. Refreshments can be purchased before the movie begins or during the intermission, which
will occur half way through the film. Patrons are asked not to enter the auditorium once the film has begun.
3. Answer key Unit 9 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
1. (B) He's wearing a short-sleeved shirt.
2. (A) The woman is cleaning.
3. (D) Wood is stacked in the fireplace.
4. (B) The mother is feeding her baby.
5. (C) There are umbrellas over the tables.
1. (A) It's in the lobby
2. (B) Next week.
3. (A) Yes, it's posted in the office.
4. (B) If course. Excuse me.
5. (C) Canada and Russia.
1. (B) At the airport.
2. (D) For business and pleasure.
3. (C) Six days.
4. (A) A staplor.
5. (C) Natalya
6. (B) She usually returns things.
1. (C) Reporter
2. (B) England.
3. (D) Six months.
4. (B) Two.
5. (D) Two hours forty-five minutes
6. (D) Before and halfway through the show.
Listening Unit 10 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
Book Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test