Listening Practice Test 2 - TOEIC Analyst
1. Audio Practice Test 2 - TOEIC Analyst
2. Transcripts Practice Test 2 - TOEIC Analyst
Part 1 Picture Description
1. (A) The man is watching television.
(B) The man is doing exercises.
(C) The man is reading the newspaper.
(D) The man is looking at papers.
2. (A) The office workers are watching a whiteboard.
(B) The office workers are looking at a whiteboard
(C) The people are taking a whiteboard
(D) The people are cleaning a whiteboard
3. (A) The man is a cooker.
(B) It is being cooked
(C) The chef is working.
(D) The chief is working.
4. (A) There is no one in the store
(B) The store is crowded
(C) It is bargain sale time.
(D) She is trying on a coat.
5. (A) The man is taking the phone.
(B) The man is talking to a woman
(C) The man is taking a phone call.
(D) The man is hanging up.
6. (A) The bicycle is tying on the stairs.
(B) The bicycle is next to a car.
(C) The bicycle is hanging from the tree
(D) The bicycle is between a tree and stairs.
7. (A) The desk is clean.
(B) The desk is a little untidy.
(C) There is nothing on the desk.
(D) The man is writing at the desk.
8. (A) The man is working in his office.
(B) The man is walking down the escalator.
(C) The man is getting on a airplane.
(D) The man is waiting for a bus.
9. (A) The man is climbing the ladder.
(B) The ladder is up against a window
(C) The ladder is leaning against the wall.
(D) The ladder is broken.
10. (A) The house is being knocked down.
(B) A house is being built
(C) The man is fishing in front of his house.
(D) The man is eating lunch.
Part 2 Questions and Responses
11. Don't you have Saturdays off?
(A) The weekend is coming soon.
(B) We'll meet after that, then.
(C) Usually, but not this week.
12. I'm having trouble concentrating on this.
(A) Well, why don't we take a short break then?
(B) You have to concentrate.
(C) It's an important issue these days.
13. When is the New Jersey train supposed to arrive?
(A) I'm not sure, I'll check.
(B) Your ticket is not valid today.
(C) It comes directly from Boston.
14. How do you plan to get that document there by Thursday?
(A) I expect it to be.
(B) By express mail.
(C) Next Wednesday.
15. Could you look this over for me?
(A) No, it can't be predicted.
(B) Sure, but don't count on it.
(C) Sure, I'll be there in just a second.
16. What do you think of the new vacation policy?
(A) Yes, I certainly have.
(B) I think it's a little unfair.
(C) Not right at this moment.
17. Isn't that a terrific idea?
(A) Yes, it's a terrible one.
(B) Yes, absolutely brilliant.
(C) No, I haven't any yet.
18. Are you going to Chicago by bus or train?
(A) Neither, I'm flying there.
(B) My brother drove me.
(C) Yes, by bus.
19. Where is Jim McTaggart's office?
(A) Yes, it's here.
(B) Oh, I'm sorry
(C) It's on the fifth floor.
20. I'm sorry I had to put you on hold
(A) Here, give it to me.
(B) I don't mind a little wait.
(C) I can't accept you offer.
21. Whom do you think we should give the job to?
(A) I'd say the first woman we interviewed.
(B) I think that no one will regret it.
(C) The application deadline was last week.
22. Do you have a personal assistant?
(A) So far, so good.
(B) No, I handle everything myself.
(C) Yes, Nadia is leaving soon.
23. Why are you postponing the launch?
(A) By at least two or three days.
(B) Not everyone has time for lunch tomorrow.
(C) Because we were instructed to.
24. When does your training begin?
(A) It's over at twelve.
(B) At the end of August.
(C) Don't miss the start.
25. Where can I catch a taxi around here?
(A) There's a taxi stand around the corner.
(B) You can sit down if you want.
(C) Yes, right around the corner.
26. Why did you take those files out of the office?
(A) I wanted to read them over dinner.
(B) That's a serious issue, you know.
(C) Of course, but not for very long.
27. Do you want to look at the figures today or tomorrow?
(A) I'm exhausted. Let's wait.
(B) No, I'm not very hungry right now.
(C) Yes, I want to look at them.
28. It looks like it might rain, doesn't it?
(A) Put your heavy coat on.
(B) I think it's already started
(C) Tell me whether or not to.
29. Are those service manuals available yet?
(A) They don't serve that here.
(B) Yes, If you don't mind.
(C) No, but they will be soon.
30. You'll make it to Friday's training session, won't you?
(A) It's hard for me to admit it.
(B) I mad it with my own two hands,
(C) Yes, unless something urgent comes up.
31. Would you spell your last name for me, please?
(A) Sure, it's C-R-U-Z.
(B) It is a different pronunciation.
(C) Last name, first name, middle initial.
32. Could your arrange a taxi for me this afternoon?
(A) Sure, what time do you need it?
(B) I borrowed it again last week.
(C) This afternoon is not good for me.
33. Have you ever considered investing in the stock market?
(A) Yes, I need to pick up some milk.
(B) No, I prefer safer investments.
(C) No, I wasn't able to then.
34. What are your summer hours?
(A) August is the hottest month.
(B) It stays light till late in the evening.
(C) Store hours are the same all year.
35. Should we discount the prices or give away a free gift?
(A) Personally, I like a good bargain sale.
(B) It's a free gift.
(C) I don't have a lot of time today.
36. When is the best time to call your office?
(A) My phone number is 987-998.
(B) Any time after 10:00 should be OK.
(C) I don't have a receptionist.
37. Why hasn't Miguel arrived yet?
(A) He called to say he's taking his son to the doctor.
(B) He's not here yet.
(C) Miguel is going to chair the meeting this afternoon.
38. How can I open the copier to remove jammed paper?
(A) The jam will make it very sticky.
(B) Oh, no. I've lost my papers
(C) Just pull the green lever on the side.
39. Would you recommend Jackson or Blake to print the new cards?
(A) I don't particularly like the new design.
(B) Jackson and Blake both received cards.
(C) They're both good, but Blake is sightly cheaper.
40. When will you be ready to review the resumes with me?
(A) How does 3 o'clock sound?
(B) I haven't told them yet.
(C) Well, that's just your opinion.
Part 3 Short Conversations
Questions 41 through 43 refer to the following conversation.
(M) Finally! I've been waiting for this shipment of fabric for nearly a month. I was beginning to think it would never
Now I can get on with the dresses I'm making for Jayford's Department Store.
(W) That's relief. The store has been calling every day about those dresses. What took it so long to get here?
(M) I don't know. Maybe it took a while to clear customs
(W) No, look. They got the address wrong. No wonder it look so long.
Questions 44 through 46 refer to the following conversation
(W) Hey Dean. You've been working on that same machine for a week! Do you think you can fix it? Maybe we should just replace
(M) I'm not ready to give up yet, but this is the most complicated repair job I've ever had to do. I'm having trouble
reconnecting some of the wires. But I think I'll get it done before the end of the day.
(W) Well, I'm glad I just use computers and don't have to fix them.
Questions 47 through 49 refer to the following conversation.
(W) Oh,no. I don't have much cash on me. I thought I had more than this. Would you take a check instead?
(M) Yes, certainly. We accept personal checks provided they are accompanied with two forms if ID, including a
diver's license. So as long as you have ID. I can take a check.
(W) Well, I don't drive, so I can't show you a driver's license. Would my passport work instead?
(M) That would do just fine.
Questions 50 through 52 refer to the following conversation
(W) I noticed on the time sheet that you are coming in tomorrow. But it's a national holiday. Why are you coming in
(M) Well, I don't really want to but I'd like to get some cleaning and reorganizing done. I seem to have let things
really pile up lately. I need to get on top of things.
(W) That's very admirable. I should come in, too. I've got a huge backlog of orders to work on, but I'm going to enjoy
have the day off.
Questions 53 through 55 refer to the following conversation
(M) I can't believe I overslept. It looks as though I'm going to be late for work again. I'm going to get into so much
trouble. It's the third time this month.
(W) It's only 8:30. You can make it if you hurry.
(M) No way, I don't think I can get there in half an hour in rush hour traffic. My boss is going to kill me.
(W) Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get there in time.
Questions 56 through 56 refer to the following conversation
(M) Excuse me, but is there a phone here I could use? I really need to make a phone call, but the battery on
my cell phone is dead.
(W) Um, well, there's a payphone, but that's been out of order for the past couple of days. Try the shop next
door. I'm sure they have a payphone.
(M) I did, but theirs is broken, too. Could I possibly borrow your cell phone?
(W) I'm sorry, but I never lend it to customers.
Questions 59 through 61 refer to the following conversation
(M) I hope you don't mind me asking but I know that you live near me, and I was wondering how you get to and
(W) I take the bus on Mondays and Tuesdays but my brother drivers me the rest of the week.
(M) I see I was wondering why I never see you on the subway
(W) Well, the bus is a little cheaper than the subway and my brother works a couple of blocks from here.
Questions 62 through 64 refer to the following conversation
(M) You've been slaving away for hours. You didn't take a lunch break, did you? John and I are going for coffee
and I wondered if you'd care to join us?
(W) I'd like to, but I'm expecting an important phone call. I've been waiting all day, and I don't dare leave
my desk in case I miss it
(M) In that case, would you like is to bring something back for you?
(W) Well, if you don't mind, I'd love a large coffee and a blueberry muffin.
Questions 65 through 67 refer to the following conversation
(W) Have you seen the proposed designs for the Tanaka Corporation headquarters in Singapore? I think it is going to
look great Amy and Hand have done a really good job.
(M) Yeah, but it looks as though they will have to make a few structural changes. The chief engineer found a few flaws.
(W) Oh, I hope they won't have to change the shape of the building too much. I really like the way it looks like a ship.
(M) Well, it is certainly appropriate for a shipping company.
Questions 68 through 70 refer to the following conversation
(M) Is it true what I've heard about the personnel department? I can't believe it.
(W) Well, what have you heard? You know I'm always the last to hear the latest gossip.
(M) I heard that the manager of the personnel department has been fired and they are going to reassign all the other personnel
department employees to other departments.
(W) From what I've heard he's leaving because he was headhunted by another company and I think you spend too much time listening
to gossip around the water cooler.
Part 4 Short Talks
Questions 71 through 73 refer to the following announcement
(M) I hope you've all enjoyed tonight's dinner. It is now time to welcome this evening's guest speaker, Carol Draper. Ms Draper
is the editor-in-chief of Investor's Weekly magazine. She took over the position of editor just over 2 years ago, and in
that short time, the magazine has become one of the most influential publications in finance. Ms. Draper is also a well-respected
best-selling author in the field of investment. She will speak tonight on long-term trends in interest rates, a subject she dealt
with at length in her last book, Money Moves. Ms Draper has also agreed to take questions from the floor after her talk.
Let's have a big hand for Carol Draper.
Questions 74 through 76 refer to the following telephone message.
(W) You have reached the airport ticket counter of Eagle Rent-a-Car. Thank you for calling. We regret to inform you
that we are currently closed. Operating hours at this location are from 7:00 a.m to 9:00 p.m Monday through Friday
and 8:00 a.m to 8:00 p.m on weekends. If you need rate information or would like to make a rental reservation at this time.
Please call our nationwide toll-free number, which is available 24 hours a day, or visit us on the Web at www.eaglerents.com
We look forward to serving you.
Questions 77 through 79 refer to the following announcement
(M) Troy Country Library patrons, may I have your attention, please. This is a public safety announcement. Due to an
emergency maintenance situation, the children's section on the ground floor is being closed at this time. This section
of the library has suffered a burst pipe. If you have children there, please escort them from the area. All other sections
for the library will remain open until our normal closing time of 9:00 p.m. In as much as we cannot predict the maintenance
situation tomorrow, those planning to bring children to the library are advised to call before coming in. We apologize
for the inconvenience and hope to have things back to normal as soon as possible.
Questions 80 through 82 refer to the following announcement
(W) Attention Flo-Mart customers: If you want to great deal on batteries, just follow the flashing yellow light to our
electronics department. Right now, as long as the yellow light is flashing, you can get 25-40% off name brand batteries in
all sizes. Need batteries for your smoke detector, flashlight or children's toys? How about the TV remote control?
Get to the electronics department and pick them up at great savings. Hurry now and get those batteries you keep meaning to
buy or buy some to keep in stock. Remember, the discount is only good while the Flo-Mart yellow light is prices. You
don't want to be the only one in town paying full price!
Questions 83 through 85 refer to the following weather report.
(M) You're listening to Newton Radio. Well, now it's fifteen past the hour, and time once again to move to the
Climate Network's hourly nationwide weather update. Our top story today; there is still a tomado warning effect
in the South, where twisters earlier today's killed four people and left dozen's injured. The tornadoes destroyed
dozens of buildings and have left hundreds homeless. Emergency workers are in the area fending to the injured and
trying to find shelter for them before nightfall. Bad weather remains elsewhere in the country, also, as heavy rain
countinues to soak the western mountains. Some of our affilliated stations there are reporting up to five inches in
the last 12 hours. Needless to say, many roads and highways are closed throughout the region.
Questions 86 through 88 refer to the following message
(W) Congratulations, Paula Chen, you have been selected as a finalist in the $10,000 CNTA Radio Summer Buck Contest
I hope you are listening but as a big Jim and Tammy fan. I'm sure you are. To confirm you entry all you have to do
is call our station anytime tomorrow during the Jim and Tammy Morning Show, and you will be among the five finalists
for the grand prize of $10.000. If we don't hear from you before the end of the show though, you'll be out of luck
and out of the running for the money. Once again, make sure to call CNTA Radio during tomorrow's Jim and Tammy Morning
Show . Good luck, and remember to keep your dial set to CNTA Houston's favorite country music station!
Questions 89 through 91 refer to the following news report
(M) Customs officials announced today that several employees of an unnamed country's United Nations delegation are
being held at New York's John G Kennedy Airport on charges of attempted importation of narcotics. The officials have
stated that none of the give suspects was carrying a diplomatic passport. As a result, the five are not immune from
prosecution under US drug laws. Confidential sources have told this reported that the suspects are all from the Republic
of San Lorenzo and that they were trying to smuggle heroin into the country. While this information is as yet
unconfirmed, according to airport customs officials, there has been a rise in illegal drugs smuggled from San Lorenzo
in recent months. As part of the government's new tougher guidelines on drug smuggling the suspects face a minimum of
25 years imprisonment if convicted.
Questions 92 through 94 refer to the following announcement
(W) Attention, all employees. There is a blue pickup truck in back of the plant that is blocking loading ramp number six.
Would the owner of this vehicle license plate number CA990 kindly remove it? It must be moved immediately as it is
blocking deliveries. Once again, a blue pickup truck with the license plate CA990 is blocking a loading ramp. and it must
be moved right away. If the vehicle is not moved in the next ten minutes it will be fowed away at the owner's expense.
We ask you to please note that parking is available across the street in the pay and display parking lot. We urge you
to use this parking lot during the plant's operational hours for all vehicles not involved in deliveries.
Questions 95 through 97 refer to the following announcement
(M) Ladies and gentlemen, we would like to welcome you aboard the Capital Express, the only non-stop service to Washington
If this is your first trip on the Express you are about to experience rail services like no other in the country.
The Capital Express is the fastest passengers train operating in North America, reaching speeds of up to 105 miles per
hour. (For our international passengers, that's 175 kilometers per hour) Today's trip to Washington will take just
over three hours compared to the nearly six hours that it takes on a conventional train. To make your journey even more
pleasant, we will be offering a refreshment service as soon as the train departs. Choose from a selection of teas and
coffees cold drinks and tasty snacks. Enjoy your ride.
Questions 98 through 100 refer to the following telephone message
(W) Larry, it's mom. I forgot to tell you this morning but I have something going on after work today and won't be home
until eight, so I won't be able to get dinner ready for you tonight. Go ahead and fix yourself some dinner whenever you're
hungry. There's a pizza in the freezer, so you can help yourself to that if you want it. Have a salad or some other vegetables
with it though, OK? And you can have some ice cream, too, if you'd like but don't take too much. Oh and I don't mind if
you watch TV, but don't invite anyone over and be sure get your homework done before I get home I don't want you staying up
late because you didn't do it earlier.
3. Answer key Practice Test 2 - TOEIC AnalystPart 1
1. (D) The man is looking at papers
2. (B) The office workers are looking at a whiteboard.
3. (C) The chef is working
4. (A) There is no one in the store.
5. (C) The man is taking a phone call.
6. (D) The bicycle is between a tree and the stairs.
7. (B) The desk is a little untidy.
8. (B) The man is walking down the escalator
9. (C) The ladder is leaning against the wall.
10. (B) A house is being built.
11. (C) Usually, but not this week
12. (A) Well, why don't we take a short break then?
13. (A) I'm not sure, I'll check.
14. (B) By express mail.
15. (C) Sure, I'll be there in just a second.
16. (B) I think it's a little unfair.
17. (B) Yes, absolutely brilliant
18. (A) Neither, I'm flying there.
19. (C) It's on the fifth floor.
20. (B) I don't mind a little wait.
21. (A) I'd say the first woman we interviewed.
22. (B) No, I handle everything myself.
23. (C) Because we were instructed to.
24. (B) At the end of August
25. (A) There's a taxi stand around the corner
26. (A) I wanted to read them over dinner.
27. (A) I'm exhausted. Let's wait.
28. (B) I think it's already started.
29. (C) No, but they will be soon.
30. (C) Yes, unless something urgent comes up
31. (A) Sure, it's C-R-U-Z
32. (A) Sure, what time do you need it?
33. (B) No, I prefer safer investments.
34. (C) Store hours are the same all year.
35. (A) Personally, I like a good bargain sale.
36. (B) Any time after 10:00 should be OK.
37. (A) He called to say he's taking his son to the doctor
38. (C) Just pull the green lever on the side.
39. (C) Just pull the green lever on the side.
40. (A) How does 3 o'clock sound?
41. (B) A shipment of material
42. (B) The department store.
43. (B) There was a mistake in the address
44. (B) Trying to repair a computer
45. (D) The man has been doing the same task for a week.
46. (C) Before the end of the day.
47. (A) She doesn't have enough cash on her.
48. (C) By check.
49. (B) Two forms of identification.
50. (C) It's a national holiday
51. (D) He has a lot of work to catch up on.
52. (C) She will enjoy having a day off.
53. (A) He thinks he'll be late for work.
54. (B) Thirty minutes
55. (C) He'll get there in time.
56. (A) A telephone
57. (C) Both this store and the store next door.
58. (C) She never lends it to customers
59. (D) Near the woman.
60. (B) Her brother
61. (A) The bus is cheaper.
62. (B) To have a coffee with John.
63. (C) She is waiting on a phone call.
64. (D) A large coffee and a blueberry muffin
65. (B) Designs for a new building
66. (A) There are some mistakes in the structure of the building.
67. (C) An architectural firm.
68. (A) There will be major changes made to the personnel department
69. (D) He was offered a better job elsewhere.
70. (B) He pays too much attention to idle gossip.
71. (B) A magazine editor
72. (C) 2 years
73. (A) She will answer questions
74. (C) A car rental company
75. (A) Call another number
76. (D) Wednesday 10:00 p.m
77. (A) The whole library will close.
78. (B) There is a maintenance problem
79. (C) Telephone first
80. (C) Batteries
81. (A) While the light is flashing
82. (A) All sizes
83. (A) Once an hour.
84. (D) Heavy rain continues to fall.
85. (A) They were injured
86. (C) Radio show hosts.
87. (B) Phone the radio station
88. (C) She will lose the chance to win some money.
89. (C) Five suspects
90. (B) For drug smuggling.
91. (A) 25 years in prison.
92. (B) The driver of a truck.
93. (B) It will be towed off.
94. (B) In a parking lot across the street
95. (C) It operates in North America
96. (C) Around three hours.
97. (B) A food and beverage service
98. (B) The woman's son.
99. (A) A pizza, vegetables and ice cream
100. (C) Before eight o'clock.