Listening Unit 13 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
1. Audio Unit 13 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
2. Transcripts Unit 13 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
Part 1. Picture Description
1. (A) She is putting the book on her bed.
(B) She is reading a book in bed.
(C) She is making her bed.
(D) She is talking on the telephone.
2. (A) The athletes are talking to the coach.
(B) The players are on the field.
(C) The referee is starting the game.
(B) The score of the game is tied.
3. (A) The man is giving flowers to a woman.
(B) The man is holding the box.
(C) The man is loading the box on a truck.
(D) The man is planting the flowers.
4. (A) The man is batting the ball.
(B) The man is cleaning the pool.
(C) The man is playing pool.
(D) The man is standing by the pool.
5. (A) The girl is babysitting.
(B) The girl is feeding her sister
(C) The girl is holding a doll.
(D) The girl is putting her toys away.
Part 2 Questions and Responses
1. How many miles per gallon does his new car get?
(A) Up to sixty miles per hour.
(B) In about fifteen seconds.
(C) Between twenty and twenty-two.
2. Is Thomas a very good soccer player?
(A) He's the best player on the team.
(B) He likes soccer a lot.
(C) He is one tour now.
3. How long does the lesson last?
(A) My last lesson was not so good.
(B) One hour.
(C) Yes, I had it last week.
4. Is driving in your dangerous?
(A) I'll drive safely.
(B) Yes, especially at night.
(C) The road is very dangerous.
5. Would you like to go to the car show this weekend?
(A) During the week would be better for me.
(B) I don't have a car.
(C) Yes, please show me your car.
Part 3 Short Conversations
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following conversation.
W: How far is it from here to the university?
M: About fifteen miles. By car, it takes twenty minutes.
W: That's not so bad. I thought it was much further than that.
M: Yeah, but it takes almost an hour by bus. You have to change twice.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following conversation
W: Do you have any time to meet with me on Friday?
M: Let me check my calendar. What time good for you?
W: Any time after lunch would be fine.
M: Well, I have a meeting from two until three, so why don't we say 3:30 in your office?
Part 4 Short Talks
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following advice
W: Early preparation is a key for success for all students at the university level. What do we mean by early preparation?
Well, we mean that you should read the information for the lecture before going to class. This will help you to understand
classes much better. After taking careful notes, be sure to review them when you return home. Test yourself on how much you
can remember. This will prepare you for your exams much better than leaving everything until the last minute.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following advice.
M: Taking great photographs means much more than just pointing and shooting. It is important to consider the overall
picture you are taking. Be sure to have the subject of the photo clearly in focus. It is also helpful to avoid distracting
elements in the picture, such as unknown people passing by or objects that obstruct the main subject of your photo.
Many people spoil a good picture because there is trash in the foreground or a tree behind the subject.
3. Answer key Unit 13 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
1. (B) She is reading a book in bed.
2. (B) The players are on the field
3. (B) The man is holding the box.
4. (C) The man is playing pool
5. (C) The girl is holding a doll.
1. (C) Between twenty and twenty-two.
2. (A) He's the best player on the team.
3. (B) One hour.
4. (B) Yes, especially at night.
5. (A) During the week would be better for me.
1. (C) Twenty minutes
2. (B) She thought the university was farther
3. (B) The bus route is not direct
4. (B) Plan a meeting
5. (C) 3:30 p.m
6. (C) In the woman's office.
1. (B) Students
2. (D) Preparing early
3. (A) They can do better on exams
4. (C) Photographers
5. (C) Have the subject in focus
6. (B) Unknown people passing by.
Listening Unit 14 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
Book Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test