Listening Unit 10 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
1. Audio Unit 10 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
2. Transcripts Unit 10 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
Part 1 Picture Description
1. (A) The back of the truck is open.
(B) The lights on the truck are flashing.
(C) The men are cleaning the truck.
(D) The truck is going very fast.
2. (A) The man is chatting with his friend
(B) The man is drawing her picture.
(C) The people are walking in the park.
(D) The woman is resting on a bench.
3. (A) The garbage bag is inside the trash can.
(B) The garbage bags are for sale.
(C) The garbage bags are next to the trash can.
(D) The trash can is beside the door.
4. (A) The people are enjoying themselves by the lake.
(B) They're all watching the ship sailing toward them.
(C) The people are gathered at the stadium.
(D) The ship is sailing on the ocean.
5. (A) Many children are using the gym.
(B) People are waiting in line to the weights.
(C) The exercise equipment is available
(D) The woman is running on the machine.
Part 2 Questions and Responses
1. Sally sometimes goes home early, doesn't she?
(A) Her home is only fifteen minutes from here.
(B) She likes her home very much.
(C) Only on Thursdays.
2. Did you see the new copier?
(A) I didn't realize it arrived already
(B) Copies are free for students.
(C) Melissa will tell us.
3. What is your degree in?
(A) The economy
(B) Pretty hot
4. How many people work here?
(A) In a very large company
(B) Over 5.000.
(C) At least $5.50 per hour.
5. Have you ever been to South America?
(A) I am not American
(B) No, but I'm going next year.
(C) How far away is it?
Part 3 Short Conversations
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following conversation
M: Bank One. Can I help you?
W: Yes, I'm calling to check the status of my credit card. I haven't received a statement this month.
M: Would you like your balance or available credit?
W: I'd like to know the balance. Also, I want to receive future statements by email,please.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following conversation
W: Hi John, how's business lately?
M: Very slow. We're waiting for our big rush in fall.
W; Ahh, I suppose not many people are shopping for sweaters during the summer.
M: Right, we make the most sales between October and March.
Part 4 Short Talks
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following information
W: Ralph's is proud to provide you with the finest produce in the state. We are famous for our fresh fruits and vegetables
which come from all over California. Looking for the right ingredients to make a delicious dinner salad? Ralph's carries many
varieties of lettuce to make the perfect salad. We also have a wide variety of vegetables including our broccoli and
cucumbers which are always crunchy and delicious. Please see Lary, our produce manager, if you would like some great
recipes to take home with you.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following information
M: Although the freeway seems to be the fastest way to get anywhere, it is actually slower in this case. To get to my
house, it is faster to take the regular city streets. I recommend taking Menaul Boulevard from the University and you
will see that it is ten minutes faster thank taking the freeway. The freeway exit is not very close to my house, so
any time you save at first will be lost by backtracking.
3. Answer key Unit 10 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
1. (A) The back of the truck is open.
2. (B) The man is drawing her picture
3. (C) The garbage bags are next to the trash can.
4. (A) The people are enjoying themselves by the table.
5. (C) The exercise equipment is available.
1. (C) Only on Thursdays
2. (A) I didn't realize it arrived already.
3. (C) Statistics.
4. (B) Over 5000
5. (B) No, but I'm going next year.
1. (B) Over the telephone
2. (C) A credit card
3. (C) The sending of statements by email
4. (A) In fall.
5. (B) Summer.
6. (A) Knitted goods
1. (B) A grocery store.
2. (B) Fruits and vegetables
3. (C) Larry
4. (A) City streets
5. (B) Menaul Boulevard
6. (A) Ten minutes.
Listening Unit 11 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
Book Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test