Listening Unit 3 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
1. Audio Unit 3 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
2. Transcripts Unit 3 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
Part 1 Picture Description
1. (A) The man is eating caviar.
(B) The women are holding wine glasses
(C) The party is almost over.
(D) The woman are dancing on the stage.
2. (A) The car is parked on a street corner.
(B) The bike carries more than one person
(C) The bike is beside the rack
(D) The motorcycle is being moved to the factory.
3. (A) He is looking at his friend in the locker room.
(B) He is wiping his face with the towel
(C) He is putting shaving cream on his face.
(D) He is looking at himself abandoned
4. (A) The city skyline consists of tall buildings.
(B) The wooden structures are blocking the view.
(C) The building have been left abandoned
(D) The stars are shining over the buildings.
5. (A) The elevator is full of people
(B) People are on the escalator
(C) The escalator is out of order
(D) People prefer to use the stairs.
Part 2 Questions and Responses
1. What are your hours today?
(A) Sorry, I don't have a watch
(B) We're open from nine to live
(C) In ten minutes.
2. Where can I make a phone call?
(A) There's a pay phone around the corner.
(B) It's on the bus.
(C) Meet me at the library.
3. What time did you start this morning?
(A) At 7:00 p.m
(B) In the office.
(C) At 8:00 a.m.
4. Which color do you prefer?
(A) It's on my computer
(B) The orange one is nice
(C) Can we do it again?
5. Have you met the new secretary?
(A) No, not yet.
(B) She is in the office today
(C) Her name is Alice.
Part 3 Short Conversations
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following conversation
M: Can I help you?
W: Yes, I'm looking for aspirin. Do you have any? I can't see it here.
M: Yes, ma'am. It's on the second shelf over there, on the right-hand side.
W: Oh, there it is, next to the boxes of tissues. Thanks.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following conversation
M: Have you received the paperwork from the secretary?
W: Yes. I reviewed it and sent it to the main office.
M: How did it look? Did you need to make any changes?
W: It was excellent work. I didn't need to change anything this time.
Part 4 Short Talks
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following introduction
W: Sharla, I would like to introduce you to my mother, Ann. She is a wonderful woman. She enjoys gardening and cooking.
You should see all of her cookbooks! She must have more than fifty of them! She also likes to play the piano and sing with the
family on holidays. I am sure you will enjoy getting to know her.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following passage.
M: Yesterday, I was trying to get my computer connected to the Internet. It was a complete disaster ! First I couldn't
figure our the access number for the modem. Then I forgot my password, the telephone line was busy. I waited for twenty minutes.
but it was no use. I gave up because I had to go to work. I'll have to try again today.
3. Answer key Unit 3 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
1. (B) The women are holding wine glasses.
2. (C) The bike is beside the rack.
3. (D) He is looking at himself in the mirror.
4. (A) The city skyline consists of tall buildings
5. (B) People are on the escalator.
1. (B) We're open from nine to five.
2. (A) There;s a pay phone around the corner.
3. (C) At 8:00 a.m
4. (B) The orange one is nice.
5. (A) No, not yet.
1. (B) At a pharmacy
2. (A) Medicine
3. (B) On the second shelf
4. (D) The secretary.
5. (D) It is at the main office.
6. (D) The paperwork was very good.
1. (C) Keep pets
2. (C) Cookbooks
3. (B) On holidays
4. (D) He could not connect to the Internet
5. (D) His password.
6. (A) He had to leave for work.
Listening Unit 4 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test Book