Listening Unit 11 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
1. Audio Unit 11 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
2. Transcripts Unit 11 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
Part 1 Picture Description
1. (A) There is one tree in the park
(B) The man is mowing the lawn
(C) The men are sitting on the grass
(D) The tree is near the pond.
2. (A) There is a brush in the can of paint.
(B) The man is painting the wall.
(C) There is a brush on the can of paint.
(D) The paint can is empty.
3. (A) The woman is brushing her hair.
(B) The woman is cleaning the wall.
(C) The woman is holding a broom
(D) The woman is very dirty.
4. (A) A woman is holding a bag.
(B) There are no men in the class.
(C) The teacher is standing by the blackboard.
(D) The meeting has finished.
5. (A) The man is putting gas in the mower
(B) The man is riding on a mower
(C) The mower is in the garage
(D) The mower is next to the house.
Part 2 Questions and Responses
1. Can you make it here by 6 p.m?
(A) I'm on the next flight.
(B) Who else is coming?
(C) I'll try my best
2. Do you think the eggs are too salty?
(A) I like them,too.
(B) No, they taste fine.
(C) Only for breakfast
3. Would you show me your boarding pass?
(A) Just a moment. It's in my bag
(B) I am feeling bored
(C) I'll take it.
4. When was Rita born?
(A) In Hong Kong
(B) In 1973
(C) Since last week
5. What time will their flight arrive?
(A) They will fly out today
(B) I didn't think to ask
(C) American Airlines.
Part 3 Short Conversations
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following conversation
M: Did you get a new office chair?
W: Yes, I picked it up last week. Try it out.
M: It's a beautiful color and so comfortable. How much did it cost?
W: Well, it was originally $150, but it was on sale so got a 10% discount.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following conversation
W: Do you need help sending you fax?
M: No I know how to use the machine. I just can't remember the number.
W: That I can't help you with.
M: Yeah, I guess I'll have to look it up in the office directory.
Part 4 Short Talks
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following message
W: Thank you for calling Translations Express. Our office are closed at this time.Please call back during our regular
business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m to speak to one of our customer service representatives.
You may also leave a message on this answering machine and we will be happy to return your call as soon as possible. We
attempt to return all calls within forty-eight hours.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following information
M: If you are looking for an inexpensive way to increase the power of your computer, consider buying more memory. Adding
memory to your computer can increase its processing speed by almost double. The best part is that memory is now very cheap
In most cases you can boost the power of your old computer for only $125 dollars. You'll be amazed how much faster your
3. Answer key Unit 11 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
1. (C) The men are sitting on the grass
2. (C) There is a brush on the can of paint.
3. (C) The woman is holding a broom.
4. (C) The teacher is standing by the blackboard
5. (B) The man is riding on a mower.
1. (C) I'll try my best.
2. (B) No, they taste fine.
3. (A) Just a moment. It's is my bag.
4. (B) In 1973
5. (B) I didn't think to ask.
1. (A) In her office
2. (B) It's comfortable
3. (C) $135
4. (A) Sending a fax.
5. (B) He has forgotten the fax number.
6. (C) Look up a fax number.
1. (B) An answering machine
2. (C) Weekdays.
3. (A) A customers service representative
4. (B) More memory.
5. (B) Under $150
6. (C) It will double your computer's processing speed.
Listening Unit 12 - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
Book Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test