Listening Practice Test - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
1. Audio Practice Test - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
2. Transcripts Practice Test - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
1. (A) They are playing soccer
(B) They are standing in a line.
(C) They are waiting for a bus.
(D) They are running in a field
2. (A) The man is drinking coffee from a cup.
(B) The man is pouring a beverage.
(C) The table is on top of the cups.
(D) The coffee is on the table.
3. (A) The forest is next to the house.
(B) There is a gate beside the tall tree.
(C) The man is walking in the forest.
(D) There is a fence in front of some trees.
4. (A) There is a girl on the railing.
(B) She is stepping away from the cars.
(C) She is walking up some steps.
(D) The girl with the bag is running.
5. (A) The youth is using a computer.
(B) There is a cup on the table.
(C) The youth is not alone at the table
(D) The boy is sleeping at the table
6. (A) They are about to walk between two vehicles.
(B) They have parked their cars illegally.
(C) The signs are being changed.
(D) One of the cars is going to be towed away.
7. (A) The women are browsing in a garden.
(B) There are no flowers for sale.
(C) The flowers are displayed on a cart.
(D) The flowers are being offered at a discount.
8. (A) The girl is slamming the door shut
(B) The girl is knocking on the wall.
(C) The girl is knocking on the door.
(D) The girl cannot open the door by herself
9. (A) The driver is locking up the bus.
(B) There are a number of passengers on the bus.
(C) The man is has decided not to ride the bus
(D) The man is walking alongside the bus
10. (A) The car is being repaired
(B) He is repairing his motorcycle
(C) The car's tires have a puncture.
(D) The car has been in an accident.
11. How long are you going to stay?
(A) At a nearby hotel.
(B) A day or two at most.
(C) It's nearly seven o'clock.
12. Is that your briefcase on the stairs?
(A) It's dangerous to walk through.
(B) I'm picking him up later.
(C) I'm not sure whose it is.
13. Are you sure you understand the instructions completely?
(A) Yes, they are very clear.
(B) I finished it an hour ago.
(C) No, Please introduce us.
14. Were you able to get some sleep?
(A) Not enough, I'm afraid.
(B) Yes, and the same to you.
(C) I've got to wake up early.
15. Why did they replace the computers?
(A) They were invented long ago.
(B) We should buy some new programs.
(C) The old ones were obsolete.
16. Where is the restroom on this floor?
(A) It's just across the hall.
(B) You must be tired.
(C) There's no job open non.
17. What's the best way to get to main gate of the complex?
(A) Then, I'll follow you.
(B) The program is too complicated.
(C) You should ask that man over there.
18. Did your insurance cover the operation?
(A) It paid for most of it.
(B) The doctor changed her mind.
(C) I had a quick recovery.
19. Were you able to park near here?
(A) Yes, There are trees and a fountain.
(B) No, I had to walk quite a ways.
(C) This is a wealthy neighborhood.
20. I'm so nervous about my interview!
(A) Yes, it's a terrific idea.
(B) Yes, because I know I can handle it.
(C) You'll be fine. Don't worry.
21. Is smoking allowed in this building?
(A) Only in designated areas.
(B) Otherwise, it's hard to breathe.
(C) There was a fire here last week.
22. Do we need any office supplies?
(A) Our printer needs to be repaired
(B) We're out of staples and paper.
(C) We have all the ingredients.
23. Is there sales tax on this item?
(A) Our income has risen this year.
(B) Yes, It's 7.5%
(C) It is being sold too cheaply
24. She has won this award before, hasn't she?
(A) This is the third year in a row.
(B) I guess she's out of luck again.
(C) Surprises aren't good for her.
25. Will my duties include answering the phone?
(A) You've got to pick up the clients.
(B) Only if the receptionist is out.
(C) Your response is appreciated.
26. Is this product manufactured domestically?
(A) No, it is made by machine
(B) No, it is imported.
(C) Yes, but costs are declining.
27. Why was the meeting postponed?
(A) Everybody got there on time.
(B) The clocks should be adjusted
(C) Not everyone could make it today.
28. Who is in charge of scheduling the clerks?
(A) It's all done on credit cards
(B) The manager takes care of that.
(C) She's the only accountant on duty.
29. What were the police doing here?
(A) They were investigating a break-in
(B) He was in the military for years.
(C) The invoice needs to be delivered.
30. Hey! The store is closed.
(A) Profits will probably increase
(B) He doesn't belabor the point.
(C) The owner had a family emergency.
31. Does the boss mind if we snack while working?
(A) She enjoys steak and eggs.
(B) She doesn't allow it.
(C) He is about to take his break.
32. How much should I tip the driver?
(A) Tipping is not customary here.
(B) He could use some good advice.
(C) You shouldn't argue about the fare.
33. Are you an employee here?
(A) I'll send the documents.
(B) Actually. I'm the owner.
(C) I've asked about that before.
34. Do these figures look right to you?
(A) I've gotten a little out of shape.
(B) They seem a little high to me
(C) There aren't many of us left.
35. Have you booked our flights yet?
(A) Yes, we're on the first plane out tomorrow.
(B) The library was closed for repairs.
(C) No one took them out of the boxes.
36. How did you get that stain on your vest?
(A) I earned 100 bonus points
(B) I spilled some tea at lunch.
(C) I need it in case it gets cold.
37. What to I owe you for this coffee?
(A) Someday, I'll pay it back.
(B) Cream and sugar, please.
(C) It's on the house.
38. When will you be closing?
(A) In just a few minutes.
(B) I'll be going on Wednesday or Thursday.
(C) Nearly twice an hour.
39. Why couldn't you have just repaired the thing?
(A) The damage was too expensive.
(B) It's not time to renew it.
(C) It look me a few moments.
40. Could you hand me that hammer?
(A) It's not cold enough for gloves.
(B) I was hit by another driver.
(C) I'm about to use it myself.
Questions 41 through 43 refer to the following conversation
M: Are you being helped, ma'am?
W: No, I'm not. I'd like to speak to a loan officer
M: Certainly. Just have a seat in the lobby, and one will be with you shortly.
W: Well, I've already been waiting for over twenty minutes. I cant's wait much longer.
Questions 44 through 46 refer to the following conversation
W: How many weeks of vacation do you get per year?
M: I'm allowed three, but I usually only take one or two.
W: If I were you, I would use all three.
M: Yeah, but I get a bonus for the days I don't take I can make a lot of extra money.
Questions 47 through 49 refer to the following conversation
W: Excuse me ! I think you've made a mistake on my check.
M: Oh? Is there something there you didn't order?
W: No. Actually, you forgot to add in our desserts. We had cake, but it isn't listed.
M: Yes, you're right. Thank you for being so honest.
Questions 50 through 52 refer to the following conversation
M: Before I can process this, you'll need to show me at least two forms of ID.
W: Here's my driver's license. What else can I use?
M: Anything with your name and current address on it.
W: I'm afraid I don't have anything else on me today. I'll have to do this another day.
Questions 53 through 55 refer to the following conversation
W: What time does the last local news come on? I want to find out tomorrow's weather.
M: You just missed it. It's on from 11:300 to midnight.
W: You mean it's past twelve already? Where did the time go?
M: Well, we didn't get home until after eleven, did we?
Questions 56 through 58 refer to the following conversation
M: Sorry, ma'am, but the computer is not accepting your card.
W: How can that be? I paid last month's bill. Can you try again?
M: OK, here goes. Oh, it's fine.
W: That's a relief. Your computer must be faulty.
Questions 59 through 61 refer to the following conversation
W: How long does it take to get one's passport renewed?
M: You mean by mail? I'd say three weeks to a month.
W: A month? I wonder if there's any way to get it quicker.
M: I doubt it. You'll just have to wait.
Questions 62 through 64 refer to the following conversation
M: Let's discuss that situation Monday morning.
W: I'd suggest that we settle the matter by the end of today.
M: No, I'd like a little more time to consider our alternatives. We don't want to be hasty.
W: Ok, but we need to let the client know pretty soon.
Questions 65 through 67 refer to the following conversation
W: Did they offer you the accounting job?
M: Yes, but not at the salary I was expecting. I think I'm worth more.
W: You'd better take it anyway. At least it'll pay the rent.
M: I guess so, but I really expected better
Questions 68 through 70 refer to the following conversation
W: Have you ever rented an auto with us before?
M: Yes, I have. I rented a minivan here a couple of months ago.
w: And what type of venicle would you like today?
M: The same again, please.
Questions 71 through 73 refer to the following short talk
M: Welcome to the February meeting of the Altamont city council. Our agenda for tonight is as follows. First, there will
be a short speech by our mayor, the Honorable Kathy McPherson, about the recent problems with garbage pick-up. Following that
we will vote on the proposal made last week to begin holding two council meetings a month rather than the current one per
week. Finally, after a short break, we will open the floor to comments and questions from the citizens of Altamont.
Questions 74 through 76 refer to the following radio advertisement.
W: Tired of sitting behind that desk day after day, only to pick up that meager paycheck at the end of the month? So was
I. That's why I joined the sales team at Jones Insurance. Now, not only do I spend much of my day out of the confines of an
office, I also earn what I am worth. If you have experience in sales and are interested in getting the paycheck you
deserve, give us a call at Jones Insurance.
Questions 77 through 79 refer to the following announcement
M: Attention all employees. The National Weather Agency has just announced a blizzard alert for our area. They are currently
projecting extremely high winds and up to eighteen centimeters of snow over the next five hours. As the safety of our
employees is always a prime concern here at Jackson Manufacturing, the decision has been made to cease factory operations at
3:00 p.m in order to allow you to get home while the roads are still passable. Anyone living more than ten miles away
is encouraged to clock out at 2:00 p.m. Everyone, please drive carefully and we'll see you here bright and early Monday morning.
Questions 80 through 82 refer to the following talk.
W: Well, it appears we have a full house today. I'd like to thank you all for signing up for this voluntary training program
and I'm sure you will find it quite helpful as we begin the changeover to the new computer system. Today we'll be here for just
over an hour, but subsequent sessions will last the scheduled two hours. Now, if you would please open the folders that you
were given as you entered the auditorium and take out the yellow sheet. This sheet should have your name, position title, and
employee number typed in the upper right-hand corner. If any of this information in incorrect, please tell one of the
trainers before leaving today.
Questions 83 through 85 refer to the following instructions
M: Thank you for purchasing this computer featuring the new Onyx 4.0 operating system. If you are already familiar with the upgraded
Onyx system and would like to skip this introduction, press Control-F at any time.
If you have used earlier version of Onyx and wish to review some of the innovation in Version 4.0, press the space bar
now. If you are a new user and would like to view the full introduction do nothing and the introduction will begin in
ten seconds. If at any time you would like to pause the introduction, press the backspace key. To return to any section of
the introduction, press the backspace key, followed by D2. The full introduction will now begin.
Questions 86 through 88 refer to the following news report
W: Good evening. This is the CTRV nightly business report. Tonight's top story: Carlton Manufacturing announced today that
it will be shutting down all production operations at local plants by March 1st. Speaking with reporters this morning
company spokesperson Grace Kang cited ongoing labor disputes and recent increases in corporate taxes as the reasons for
the closures. According to Kang Carlton will maintain current production levels by opening new overseas plants in Brazil
and Argentina.As expected, local union leaders reacted with shock and dismay at today's announcement.
Questions 89 through 91 refer to the following recorded message.
M: You have reached the Department of Motor Vehicles automated help line. As there have been recent changes to our
service menu, please listen to all options before making a selection. If you are calling to schedule a driver's test.
please press one. If you would like information on registering a vehicle, press two. For hours of operation and location
please press three. To speak directly to a representative, press the star key or stay on the line.
Questions 92 through 94 refer to the following short talk.
W: Good afternoon, and welcome to Frank's Fried Seafood. My name is Elizabeth, and I'll be serving you today. Here are
our lunch menus and a basket of freshly baked bread. Our special today is grilled salmon with a cream sauce. If you
would like to order something from our dinner menu, you certainly may, but be advised that your meal will take longer
to prepare. Also, I'm afraid that our soda machine is out of order, so the only cold drinks available are water,lemonade
and iced tea. As for beer or wine I'm sorry, but Frank's does not serve alcoholic beverages. I'll be back in a few moments
to take your orders.
Questions 95 through 97 refer to the following telephone message.
M: Hello, Mr and Mrs Sato. This is Robert Fripp, Explorer Financial Services. We are calling former clients to offer them
a very promising investment opportunity. Our records show that, unlike many investors, you have demonstrated a willingness
to expose your capital to some risk in return for the chance to make a substantial sum of money in a short period of time.
Well, Mr and Mrs. Sato, such a chance exists now, and if you will call me back at 1-800-555-5555 during business
hours tomorrow, I'll be happy to give you the details.
Questions 98 through 100 refer to the following excerpt from a business presentation.
W: The chart at the bottom of page fifty-one breaks down our personnel expenses. The red area represents total salaries
and bonuses paid. As you can see, that accounts for just over half of personnel costs. The blue area represents in
house training costs as well as college tuition subsidies paid out under the " Learn While You Earn" program.
Please note that salaries for in house trainers have not been counted as training costs, as they are already
included in the salaries and bonuses category. Next, the green area represents payroll taxes and the yellow
represents payments into employee medical and dental insurance programs. You may notice that this year, for the
first time in company history, the amount being spent on medical and dental insurance programs exceeds that spent
on employee training.
3. Answer key Practice Test - Developing Skills for the TOEIC Test
1. (B) They are standing in a line.
2. (B) The man is pouring a beverage
3. (D) There is a fence in front of some trees.
4. (C) She is walking up some steps.
5. (B) There is a cup on the table.
6. (A) They are about on the table.
7. (C) The flowers are displayed on a cart.
8. (C) The girl is knocking on the door.
9. (D) The man is walking alongside the bus
10. (A) The car is being repaired.
11. (B) A day or two at most.
12. (C) I'm not sure whose it is.
13. (A) Yes, they are very clear.
14. (A) Not enough, I'm afraid
15. (C) The old ones were obsolete.
16. (A) It's just across the hall.
17. (C) You should ask that man over there.
18. (A) It paid for most of it.
19. (B) No. I had to walk quite a ways.
20. (C) You'll be fine. Don't worry.
21. (A) Only in designated areas.
22. (B) We're out of staples and paper.
23. (B) Yes. It's 7.5%
24. (A) This is the third year in a row.
25. (B) Only if the receptionist is out.
26. (B) No. It is imported
27. (C) Not everyone could make it today.
28. (B) The manager takes care of that.
29. (A) They were investigating a break-in
30. (C) The owner had a family emergency.
31. (B) Actually, I'm the owner
32. (A) Tipping is not customary here.
33. (B) I spilled some tea at lunch
34. (B) They seem a little high to me.
34. (A) Yes, we're on the first plane out tomorrow.
36. (B) I spilled some tea at lunch
37. (C) It's on the house
38. (A) In just a few minutes
39. (A) The damage was too extensive
40. (C) I'm about to use it myself.
41. (C) In a bank
42. (D) Wait in the lobby
43. (C) More than twenty minutes
44. (B) Less than three weeks a year.
45. (C) As much as she could
46. (C) He can receive extra money
47. (B) In a restaurant
48. (B) The man has undercharged the woman.
49. (A) She was honest
50. (C) Forms of identification.
51. (D) Her driver's license
52. (A) She doesn't have the necessary documents
53. (D) Just after 12:00
54. (C) She wants to know the weather.
55. (C) It is later than she expected
56. (A) User her credit card
57. (A) Try again
58. (B) The computer doesn't work properly
59. (C) At least three weeks
60. (B) Save time.
61. (C) The woman will have to wait
62. (A) Monday morning
63. (D) Making a decision today.
64. (B) The client wants a decision soon.
65. (A) A job offer.
66. (C) Disappointed
67. (A) He should accept it
68. (B) An automobile rental company
69. (C) Two months ago.
70. (A) A minivan.
71. (C) Garbage pick-up
72. (B) Less frequent meetings
73. (D) Citizen of Altamont
74. (B) Salesperson
75. (D) Too much time in the office
76. (B) It pays well.
77. (C) On Monday.
78. (B) A snowstorm
79. (C) At 2:00 p.m
80. (A) Many employees are meetings
81. (A) Employee information
82. (A) Tell one of the trainers before leaving
83. (A) A computer.
84. (C) Wait for it to start
85. (B) Press the backspace key.
86. (B) Conflicts with workers
87. (B) A spokesperson
88. (B) In South America
89. (C) Help line selections
90. (A) Press number one
91. (B) Two
92. (D) Soda
93. (D) The food will take longer
94. (D) None
95. (B) Former clients
96. (A) Somewhat risky.
97. (C) Tomorrow
98. (A) Salaries and bonuses
99. (C) Tuition subsidies
100. (C) Green.