Listening Unit 1 - Starter TOEIC
1. Audio Unit 1 - Starter TOEIC
2. Transcripts Unit 1 - Starter TOEIC
Part I. Picture Description
1. (A) This is a picture of a motorcycle.
(B) This is a picture of a chair.
(C) This is a picture of a wheelchair.
(D) This is a picture of a bicycle.
2. (A) This man is wearing glasses.
(B) He is looking into a movie camera.
(C) He is using a computer.
(D) The man is checking his eyesight.
3. (A) The woman has an injured arm.
(B) She has a injured knee.
(C) The woman has an injured foot.
(D) She injured her wrist.
4. (A) The woman is looking in a bottle.
(B) The woman is crying.
(C) She is looking into a telescope.
(D) She is putting medicine in her eye.
5. (A) The man in white is a doctor.
(B) The man in white is a businessman.
(C) The man in white is a cook.
(D) The man in white is a teacher.
Part II. Questions and Responses
1. I have a headache. Do we have any aspirin?
(A) Look in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom.
(B) She is on her way home.
(C) I feel fine.
2. Can I make a doctor's appointment for Monday, please?
(A) Monday is a weekday.
(B) Give the children some candy.
(C) Yes. Is 2:30 OK?
3. Do you have to study hard to become a dentist?
(A) Yes. It is a lot of work.
(B) The dentist's office is next to the barber shop.
(C) She will return tomorrow afternoon.
4. Can you recommend a good eye doctor?
(A) I wear glasses.
(B) Yes. I go to Doctor Park.
(C) Don't worry so much. You'll be fine.
5. She cut her finger! What should we do?
(A) There are six students in the class.
(B) I'd like a drink of water.
(C) It's not too deep. Cover it with a small bandage.
Part III. Short Conversations
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following conversation.
(W) Ow! My tooth really hurts!
(M) Mary, you've had a toothache for over a week.You should go to the dentist.
Why don't you make an appointment?
(W) I can't. I tried, but he is on vacation until Thursday. I'll have to wait two more days.
(M) Well, I guess you have no choice then. But be sure to call first thing Thursday.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following conversation.
(W) Mr.Thomas, look at the chart on the wall. Now,could you read the last line for me?
(M) Yes. It looks like, A,F,R,P,Q,M, and X.
(W) Very good. Now, how about the second line? What can you see?
(M) It says T,S,M,Z and K.
(W) That's perfect. You eyesight is excellent! You don't need glasses at all.
Come for another check up in 12 months' time.
Part IV. Short Talks
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following talk.
(M) A lot of people think that being an animal doctor is very easy, but it is not.
First, the training is very difficult. A person has to learn the same basic medical information
as a doctor for people. Then, a person has to learn about how different animals have their organs in
different places. Human organs are in the same position in all people. However. a dog's heart is in
a different location than a cat's heart; animal doctors need to know that. Also, animal doctors need
to be good at understanding animals. Animals cannot talk and tell you what is wrong, so you have to
learn how to understand without words. I think that this is the most important quality.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following talk.
(W) Last Saturday, I injured my ankle playing basketball.One of the players from the other team
bumped into me and I fell down. When I fell, my ankle twisted. It was very painful immediately.
When I woke up it was very painful immediately. When I woke up it was very swollen and a little
red, so I went to the hospital. The doctor gave me some pain-relieving tablets and told me to
take two tablets a day and wrap my ankle tightly with a bandage for one week. He said it was
not a serious injury, and that I would be just fine. He told me not to do any exercise for three
weeks. I have to rest my ankle so it can heal more quickly. I'm really looking forward to getting
back to the basketball court.
3. Answer Key Unit 1 - Starter TOEIC
1. (C) This is a picture of a wheelchair.
2. (D) The man is checking his eyesight.
3. (B) She has an injured knee.
4. (D) She is putting medicine in her eye.
5. (A) The man in white is a doctor.
1. (A) Look in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom.
2. (C) Yes. Is 2:30 OK?
3. (A) Yes. It is a lot of work.
4. (B) Yes. I go to Doctor Park.
5. (C) It's not too deep. Cover it with a small bandage.
1. (B) Her tooth hurts.
2. (C) One week
3. (B) Tuesday
4. (C) An eye test
5. (C) The last line
6. (B) K
1. (B) Animal doctor
2. (D) A good understanding of animals
3. (B) You need to know where all the different animal's organs are.
4. (D) Her ankle
5. (B) Take two tablets of medicine a day and wrap the ankle
6. (C) She fell down.
Bài tiếp theo Listening Unit 2 - Starter TOEIC
Book and Audio Starter TOEIC Third Edition Book
- motorcycle ['moutəsaikl] : Xe mô tô, xe máy.
- wheelchair ['wi:lt∫eə] : Xe lăn.
- eyesight ['aisait] : Thị lực.
- telescope ['teliskoup] : Kính viễn vọng.
- knee [ni:] : Đầu gối.
- wrist [rist] : Cổ tay.
- headache ['hedeik] : Đau đầu.
- aspirin ['æspərin] : Thuốc giảm đau.
- toothache ['tu:θeik] : Đau răng.
- appointment [ə'pɔintmənt] : Cuộc hẹn
- immediately [i'mi:djətli] : Ngay lập tức.
- bandage ['bændidʒ] : băng(vết thương).