Listening Unit 9 - Starter TOEIC
1. Audio Unit 9 - Starter TOEIC
2. Transcripts Unit 9 - Starter TOEIC
Part I. Picture Description
1. (A) The woman is dancing.
(B) She is playing guitar.
(C) She is rock climbing.
(D) The women is weight-lifting.
2. (A) The person is putting on ice-skates.
(B) The person is putting on shoes.
(C) The person is taking off her running shoes.
(D) The person is taking off her socks.
3. (A) The surfer is beside his board.
(B) The surfer is in the water.
(C) The surfer is on his board.
(D) The surfer is on the beach.
4. (A) These are basketballs.
(B) They are bowling balls.
(C) They are tennis balls.
(D) These are golf balls.
5. (A) The man is falling down.
(B) The man is going to work.
(C) He is climbing the rocks.
(D) He is jumping in the air.
Part II. Questions and Responses
1. I have two tickets to the baseball game. Would you like to go with me?
(A) I don't have a baseball.
(B) Yes, I'd love to!
(C) He wen yesterday.
2. Does anyone here know how to ski?
(A) I do, a little.
(B) He will be here soon.
(C) It's five o'clock.
3. Where are they going to build the new sports stadium?
(A) It will be full of people.
(B) I've never gone there before.
(C) Near the university.
4. How did you injure your leg?
(A) Playing soccer.
(B) It doesn't hurt too much.
(C) It's my left leg.
5. I'm too short to play basketball.
(A) I have a baseball, too.
(B) No, you're not. Give it a try !
(C) Shorts are for summer.
Part III. Short Conversations
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following conversation
(W) How often do you exercise Bill? You look quite fit and healthy.
(M) I try to exercise regularly. I lift weights three times a week and I run two times a week.
I run outside in the summer, and indoors in the winter.
(W) So that's how you stay in such great shape. Good for you.
(M) Yeah. I also go swimming as often as I can.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following conversation
(W) Where is the best place to learn yoga around here? I'm looking for a class I can join to
improve my health.
(M) The New Health Yoga Center is not far from here, and they have very good yoga instructors.
I go there twice a week and I would definitely recommended them.
(W) Hmm. Well, if you say the instructors are good, then that's where I'll go. Maybe I'll take
up yoga next month.
(M) Well, if you join this month, you will get a 20% discount.
Part IV. Short Talks
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following talk.
(W) My brother John just became a soccer referee. He will referee for the first time next month.
He has been playing soccer for about three years and he has always wanted to be a referee. A
referee is a person who watches the soccer game and decides if the players are doing anything
that they shouldn't be doing, like using their hands or committing a foul, like using their hands
or committing a foul, like kicking another player. It happens more often than you might expect.
If the referee finds a player a penalty. If a player gets three penalties, he must leave the game.
It's a very serious punishment, and the players can get very upset. Players sometimes get very
angry with the referee, so it can be quite stressful. Soccer referees have to know the rules of soccer
very well. My brother loves soccer and I know that he will be a great referee.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following talk.
(W) Some children start playing baseball when they are very young. Little children may be 5 to 9
years old, start by playing T-ball, the ball is not thrown to the hitter. It is placed on a stand
and the child has three chances to hit it. As children get older, say between 10 to 15 years old
they play in Little League. Little League is a baseball organization for kids that helps them learn
about the rules of baseball. A lot of children go to Little League practice after school and play
games on the weeken. After that, they may play on their school baseball teams when they are in middle
and high school. Baseball is a very popular sport and is played by both boys and girls although it is
more popular with boys. A lot of parents get involved with their children's teams and go along to
to watch the games some parents even volunteer to coach the team during practice sessions.
3. Answer key Unit 9 - Starter TOEIC
1. (D) The woman is weight-lifting.
2. (A) The person is putting on ice-skates.
3. (C) The surfer is on his board.
4. (C) They are tennis balls.
5. (C) He is climbing the rocks.
1. (B) Yes, I'd love to !
2. (A) I do, a little.
3. (C) Near the university.
4. (A) Playing soccer
5. (B) No, you're not. Give it a try!
1. (B) There times a week.
2. (B) Play basketball.
3. (B) She thinks Bill looks healthy.
4. (C) She wants to improve her health.
5. (C) It is near and the instructors are good.
6. (A) There is a discount.
1. (C) He is a soccer referee.
2. (C) His first game is next month.
3. (B) 3 years
4. (A) Under 10 years old.
5. (B) The ball is placed on a stand and the child tries to hit it.
6. (B) Some parents coach during practice sessions.
Bài tiếp theo
Book and Audio