Listening Unit 12 - Starter TOEIC
1. Audio Unit 12 - Starter TOEIC
2. Transcripts Unit 12 - Starter TOEIC
Part I. Picture Description
1. (A) The boy is taking a nap.
(B) The boy is fishing.
(C) The boy is eating a snack.
(D) The boy is drawing a picture.
2. (A) The man is picking flowers.
(B) The man is standing up.
(C) The man is talking to his neighbor.
(D) The man is working in the garden.
3. (A) The dog is sitting on a boat.
(B) The dog is eating on the boat.
(C) The dog is standing on a boat.
(D) The dog is swimming to a boat.
4. (A) The men are looking at a computer.
(B) The men are making a phone call.
(C) The men are having lunch.
(D) One man is asleep.
5. (A) The can of pencils is full.
(B) The pencils are on the can.
(C) The can of pencils is empty.
(D) The pencils are broken.
Part II. Questions and Responses
1. Do you still collect stamps?
(A) Yes, I have about 2.000 now.
(B) Yes, these are stamps.
(C) No, She didn't stamp it.
2. Is the art gallery open today?
(A) No, it's closed until next week.
(B) I wen to the gallery once.
(C) It usually opens at 9 a.m.
3. How long have you been learning the piano.
(A) For about 5 years.
(B) Every Monday.
(C) It takes about an hour.
4. Do you want to go swimming this weekend?
(A) The swimming pool is near my house.
(B) I often go swimming.
(C) No, thanks. I have other plans.
5. What's your hobby?
(A) I paint watercolor pictures.
(B) My mother likes to knit.
(C) It's not my hobby.
Part III. Short Conversations
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following conversation.
(M) I've seem some great games advertised on the Internet. I want to buy a new computer game.
But I don't have much money.
(W) I know, they are so expensive, aren't they? But you don't need to pay out for a new game.
Why don't you just copy one of mine?
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following conversation.
(M) What are you doing this afternoon? Do you want to go to the horse races with me? I go about
once a month and I was thinking today is a nice day for it.
(W) That's rather often. I didn't know you liked to gamble. Isn't it risky?
(M) Oh, I never bet money. I just go for the exciting atmosphere. It's fun just watching the other
people who go there
Part IV. Short Talks
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following talk.
(W) My local recreation center offers some very interesting classes and activities. It's a little far
from my home, but this year I've been taking a lot of classes. The last class I took was pottery. It
sounds difficult, but it is a lot of fun. I wasn't very good at it, but I really enjoyed it. I managed
to make a plate which I gave to my mother for her birthday. She now users it at home almost every day.
Next, I want to sign up for knitting. My farther wears a lot of sweaters, so I want to knit a sweater
for him. I think he'd like that. I won't tell him beforce I do it because I want it to be a surprise for
him. His birthday is in December, so if I start classes in April I think I can finish in time.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following talk.
(M) Let me show you some of my pictures. I first look up photography as hobby about ten years ago.
I had save up my allowance for two years because my parents refused to buy me a camera. They thought
I was too young, you see. Anyway, I didn't get into it seriously until about three years ago.
Now, I never go anywhere without my camera. I don't use a digital camera. I have thought about it,
but I like the camera. I already own because I like to use film. I take both black and white ones
better. I think they look more impressive. Even an ordinary object looks impressive in black and white.
Photography is not a cheap hobby, but I enjoy being able to share my pictures with everyone.
3. Answer key Unit 12 - Starter TOEIC
1. (B) The boy is fishing.
2. (D) The man is working in the garden.
3. (C) The dog is standing on a boat
4. (A) The men are looking at a computer.
5. (A) The can of pencils is full
1. (A) yes, I have about 2,000 now
2. (A) No, It's closed until next week.
3. (A) For about 5 years.
4. (C) No, thanks. I have other plans.
5. (A) I paint watercolor pictures.
1. (D) To get a new game.
2. (C) To copy a game.
3. (C) He would feel bad copying one.
4. (C) In the afternoon.
5. (D) Once a month.
6. (B) He likes the atmosphere.
1. (B) It has many interesting classes.
2. (B) A plate
3. (C) In April
4. (C) 10 years.
5. (B) He prefers black and white photos.
6. (C) It is a little expensive