Listening Unit 2 - Starter TOEIC
1. Audio Unit 2 - Starter TOEIC
2. Transcripts Unit 2 - Starter TOEIC
Part I. Picture Description
1. (A) The girl looks happy.
(B) The girl is sleepy
(C) The girl is angry.
(D) The girl is looking out the window.
2. (A) The girl is telling a joke.
(B) She has an injured arm.
(C) She is asking a question.
(D) The girl is reading a book.
3. (A) The boy is in the kitchen.
(B) He is in the library.
(C) He is in a classroom.
(D) He is at the hospital.
4. (A) The students are passing notes.
(B) The boy and girl are holding hands.
(C) They are studying.
(D) The students are eating lunch.
5. (A) The man is at his desk.
(B) He is in his office.
(C) The man is by the entrance.
(D) The man is near the board.
Part II. Questions and Responses
1. I'm so happy! I got an A in History!
(A) He is in the classroom right now.
(C) My history teacher's name is Mrs.Lewis
2. Which class do you have on Tuesday mornings?
(B) I don't like to wake up early.
(C) We can go together.
3. Will Brian go to university next year?
(A) Brian studies hard.
(B) She gave him the letter.
(C) No.He still has one more year of high school.
4. Is Professor Green your music teacher?
(A) Green is my favorite color.
(B) No, Mrs.Benson is.
(C) The music store is closed today.
5. Can you take these books back to the library for me?
(A) There is some extra paper in the desk drawer.
(B) The books are expensive.
(C) Yes,I'll put them in my bag.
Part III. Short Conversations
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following conversation.
(M) Next semester will be difficult. I didn't get accepted for the course I wanted. I didn't even
get my second choice. I wanted to study a language, but instead I'll be taking geology.
(W) That's too bad. Why do you think that geology is so difficult? You might be really good at it.
Maybe you'll enjoy it.
(M) Well, I'm not interested in learning about rocks and minerals. Besides, I'm not good at scientific subjects.
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following conversation.
(W) I have to decide whether to take Spanish or German on Tuesday mornings. Spanish sounds so romantic,
doesn't it? But you've enrolled for German, haven't you? It'd be fun to study together.
(M) Well, you know, Spanish class meets on Thursday mornings, not Tuesdays. That's why I'm taking German.
(W) Oh.Well, I guess I'll be taking German too then. I can only study on Tuesdays.
Part IV. Short Talks
Questions 1 through 3 refer to the following talk.
(W) I'm not really a good students. I don't often get high grades. I don't usually like studying in school
but there are a couple of subjects I enjoy. My two favorite subjects in school are chemistry and art.
I like chemistry because it uses the logical part of my brain. I can work for hours trying to find the
answer to a complex chemistry problem. You might be thinking that sounds like math. But it is more
interesting than mathematics because the I can go to the chemistry lab and do experiments. It is
exciting to see what happens when I do an experiment. On the other hand, I like art because I can be creative.
I can express my feelings with a paintbrush. Both art and chemistry let me express different parts of myself
Questions 4 through 6 refer to the following talk.
(M) My exams today were so difficult. I had three exams. In the morning, I had a French exam. French is
really difficult for me, especially French spelling. I can never remember if I need an extra "e" at the end
of words and that king of thing. Then, after lunch I had a history exam. I couldn't remember any of the
dates that I studied before the exam. History is the most difficult subject because I find it boring. Finally,
in the afternoon I had a math exam. It was difficult, but math is my favorite subject, so think I did
pretty well on the exam. I'm good at math and I usually get high grades, so I'm sure I'll get a good score
Last semester, I got the best grade in my class.
3. Answer key Unit 2 - Starter TOEIC
1. (D) The girl is looking out the window.
2. (C) She is asking a question.
3. (B) He is in the library.
4. (A) The students are passing notes.
5. (D) The man is near the board.
1. (B) Congratulations!
2. (A) French
3. (C) No. He still has one more year of high school.
4. (B) No, Mrs.Benson is.
5. (C) Yes, I'll put them in my bag.
1. (C) Rocks and minerals
2. (B) A language.
3. (C) He is interested in languages.
4. (B) She thinks it sounds romantic.
5. (B) On Thursday
6. (A) On Tuesday
1. (A) Logic.
2. (C) She can express her feelings.
3. (C) She likes doing the experiments.
4. (A) In the morning
5. (B) It is boring
6. (D) Math
Bài tiếp theo Listening Unit 3 - Starter TOEIC
Book and Audio Starter TOEIC Third Edition Book
- Congratulation [kən,grætju'lei∫n] : Chúc mừng
- geology [dʒi'ɔlədʒi] địa chất học
- mineral ['minərəl] : Khoáng chất, vô cơ
- mathematics [,mæθə'mætiks] : Toán học
- experiment [iks'periment] : Thí nghiệm
- semester [si'mestə] : học kỳ
- paintbrush [peintbrʌ∫]: cọ vẽ